Saturday 10 December 2016

Poem - Jealousy

Jealousy

My envious gawping eyes always lay on that girl,
Inside me a feeling would curl,
It is like a springy hard steel,
She is  shimmering pearl,
Jealousy abducting my shattering heart,
That is how I feel,
I feel small,tiny and minuscule,
Demolishing my glory;I feel like a fool,
May'be I am one,
Just gazing t all she had done,
With curt,cold,loathing eyes,
In the background,
Just gaping at her greatly rise,
This envy enveloping around,
Sizing me down;crest-fallen and detesting,
Who's fault is it?Mine?
Like her I do want to shine,
Glory!Glory!Glory!All I need I cannot feed my greed,
Living an envious life,
Will get me nowhere,
Nowhere at all.

2 comments:

  1. Introspective and deep. Understanding oneself at such a raw age is uncommon. Keep up your hobby. Boundless blessings! Harish Nagpal,your grandmother's elder brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for being able to come up with such simple yet vivid description of a human sin as great as this one. Keep it up!
    - Manish (your dad's colleague at office)

    ReplyDelete